Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Miss Information is still waiting, you bastards.

Miss Information has not yet heard from the good people at library school. This has made her frustrated, cranky, emotional and bitter. It is just so much like dating. They seemed to like her. She thought they had a real connection but they’ve had her number for 2 months now. Why aren’t they calling?

Ok. So Miss Information wasn’t absolutely perfect for them; they’re not such hot stuff themselves. Maybe they shouldn’t be so damn picky, especially with all those happening new online library schools out there. Sometimes you have to settle. Miss Information would be a great library school student. She has an endless capacity for bullshit. She promises she would listen attentively to all their boring stories. She would fake an interest in their hobbies—the history of records management, for example. Miss Information could pretend to be fascinated by that for a semester. No one would ever know the truth.

Miss Information just knows it’s because the admissions committee met an application they liked better—a cuter application, an application with nicer legs. Dammit. Why didn’t Miss Information use Times New Roman instead of Ariel? What the hell was she thinking?

Lately Miss Information has been terrified that the committee is just stringing her along, waiting for her to get bored and run off with a different graduate school or die or something and they aren’t actually going to tell her she’s been rejected.

They are like the worst boyfriend ever.

15 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger A'Llyn said...

I vividly remember this feeling. The doubt, the hope, the bitterness, the lingering fondness. In my case it had a happy conclusion; I was invited to the MLIS dance, and am deeply in love with my program. But I swear I waited a loooong time. It was probably mid-April or so.

Still, it CAN work out!

I hope you hear soon. And that it works out. Good luck!

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not you, it's me. I'm married to the sea.

--Library School

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You used a mermaid?

 
At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up hope. I remember that feeling all too well the several times I applied. Hang in there you may get an answer you'll love. If you don't, try again next year. Persevere and don't take no for an answer.

 
At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miss I!

I received my acceptance to library school on April 23rd and had to report to the school on May 5th, yeh! of the same year!! Hang in there!!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Don't give in to font regret! Library School will call, I just know it.

 
At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They usually wait until the LAST minute to send out acceptance forms..I remember recieving mine the day BEFORE i convocated with my undergrad..so fear not; no news is stil good news!

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Information, you deserve to go to library school but does library school deserve your talents? Hang in there! If you are going to continue working at a library and helping people, you might as well become a librarian and get better pay for it.

Regards,

Information, Imagination, and...

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Best of luck, Miss I! And the records management class turned out to be one of the best ones I took.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger the.effing.librarian said...

you are still damn funny.

 
At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dated my library school for 5 semesters before they finally let me seal the deal. Apparently I was too experienced, and they wanted someone young with fresh, supple...brains?!?

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am awaiting a letter from library school. I find it telling that the official date they choose who gets in is also the date my taxes are due!

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Nike said...

I dated one library school for years. I applied twice. I was committed. Alas they were not. But then I had a one night stand with another library school(and between you and me they were so much better than my old one) And now we are living happily ever after.
Until you know they hit me up for more money. Ah relationships....

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, waiting can be frustrating. Can I offer some advice? Take this opportunity to enjoy your current relationships. Because once you start dating library school, they will all fly out the window. Months will go by where you won't see your friends. Library school will start making demands: endless papers, groupwork... Before you know it, you won't even remember what it felt like to have a life of your own.

Also, have you considered making the first phone call? My library school screwed up and realized a semester late that I was the perfect girl for it.

Now I only wish I could get out.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger One Bedroom Apartment Guelph said...

Try Robert Gordon Univeristy online degree- they have a quick response time, give unconditional offers, and give you a really marketable degree in the end. 3 years part time. You'll have to pay international fees, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home