Friday, July 06, 2007

Miss Information is annoyed by, well, everyone, actually.

Miss Information is tired. It is the end of a long week and that Manhunt game sure saps a person’s energy. Today it is all computer problems and annoying people, often simultaneously. Also, many of the people are wearing ugly, ugly clothes. How could anyone be helpful under these circumstances?

Miss Information is in the middle of a conversation with customer. Her outfit isn’t making Miss Information nauseous so she is being relatively helpful. She is in the middle of a sentence about which computers can be used to open attachments when another customer comes frantically to the desk. (The frantic woman’s clothing is also fine.)

Miss Information (to woman 1): …could try on one of those computers….
Frantic woman: I need….
Miss Information: Just let me finish serving this other woman. Those computers….
Frantic woman: No, I need…
Miss Information: I’ll be with you in a second. One of the word processing….
Frantic woman: But, I need….
Miss Information: Hold your damn horses. This other customer got here first, I’ll get to you in a minute.
Frantic woman: I need a map! I need a map!

A map? She needs a map? All this angst for a map? Why is a map that damn urgent? Is something on fire? If so, the fire department is just up the street and they probably have GPS.
Whatever. Miss Information finishes veeeerrrrrry slowly with the first woman before locating a map for the second woman. Nobody dies. Well, Miss Information’s spirit is circling the drain but that’s normal for summer.

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Miss Information’s spirit is circling the drain but that’s normal for summer.

Tell me about it. One week of summer programs and I'm already prepared to committ homicide. And why do the patrons who lean in and invade your personal space ALWAYS have bad breath?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger bee said...

I feel your pain. Does summer exacerbate a person's bad fashion sense? I have been here only 43 minutes today and seen atrocious outfits already.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she have a specific map in mind, or did you get to pick? I would have picked "Borneo".

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger tinylittlelibrarian said...

I do that verrry slowly thing with interrupters, too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home