Thursday, October 28, 2004

Miss Information is annoyed by students

A young man asked Miss Information how to find books on the middle ages. Because he was quite an attractive young thing and she wanted to keep him arround, she decided to conduct a reference interview.

Miss Information: So exactly what sort of information are you looking for? Is there a specific subject like religion or a specific country like England?

Young Man (becoming inexplicably hostile, was Miss Information drooling?): No, just tell me where the books are.

Miss Information: Ok, then. It's just kind of a broad subject area and there are several sections where you may find books.

Young Man: Well, I know the sort of book I want.

Miss Information: And exactly what sort would that be?

Young Man: About Thomas Becket.

Miss Information finds him a delightful book about the archbishop who lived in Canterbury, England and wonders: who will rid her of these turbulent patrons?

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger tobyr21@gmail.com said...

Miss Information, I'm not quite sure why your blog makes me smile and laugh out loud, but I'm not going to over-introspect about it. I hope you're enjoying life as much as I am with your help.

- The Precision Blogger
http://precision-blogging.blogspot.com

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger tobyr21@gmail.com said...

Miss Information, I suspect I'm not the only one of your readers who would like to be able to send email to you. Can you tell us how to do it? (If there's a way from your main web page, I bow my head in shame and admit I can't have researched it hard enough. But I tried...)
- The Precision Blogger
http://precision-blogging.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home